Monday, June 2, 2008

Capping the Comb

Checked the hive this past weekend, and were thrilled to see that the bees are starting to cap the honey comb! The bees were amazingly calm, letting me pull out five bars before even starting to buzz at me, and still never got really agitated at us. Definitely is just too neat to see the progress they're making, and we're really looking forward to them being an integral part of our homestead.



And here's a shot of one of our homemade beesuits! I couldn't figure out what to do with the sheer fabric I wore as a shawl with my wedding, until we found ourselves in need of veils! So, we wear sweats, boots, ripstop nylon raincoats(since the bees find that stuff slippery), gloves, and the homemade veils(with ballcaps underneath to keep the fabric away from our faces. To date, they're working quite well, and saving us a ton of expense in not having to buy beesuits!


No comments: